There really is just so much info... so much to it. I'll post what I have posted on my Myspace for those not closely familiar with it all.
On May 5, 1993, three boys were murdered, three eight year olds... I have an eight year old son. I can only imagine the devastation. I would want answers. These boys were found naked and hog-tied with their own shoelaces, beat up, laying on a ditch bank... The West Memphis Police Department in Arkansas were under intense pressure to find who did this. Eventually, they came up with: Satanism. It was Driver, a juvenile probation officer, who suggested Damien was capable, a man who had tried to blame Damien for burglaries and vandalism to no avail after the real people were caught for those local crimes. They arrested and charged three young men: Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley. They were all later convincted. Damien was sent to death row. Well, to be convicted, there must have been some hard evidence, right? Wrong. They were convicted based on a coerced confession from Jessie Misskelley, with an I.Q. of 72 and being told he failed a lie detector test when he had passed it. He was given the choice to go with the good guys or the bad guys, and look what happened from there. They said these were ritualistic killings and noted that Damien dabbled in Wicca and Satanism by simply reading about it and saying outlandish things like I did when I was depressed and put in hospitals and wanting people to leave me alone, but this made him a "devil worshipper". There was absolutely no physical evidence pointing to the three convicted, no eyewitnesses, no valid confessions, and nothing logical to link them, but they were convicted. All had alibis. However, they have been locked up now for 14 years.
Thanks to a large group of supporters and countless celebrites for the cause, awareness has been raised to this injustice. In a few months, hearings are approaching to see justice done.
Go to wm3. org for more info or message me for a long list of things you can do and sites and videos and articles to check out and become more knowledgeable. Not only were these three men falsely accused and imprisoned, three little boys were senselessly killed with families left behind who deserve to see the true criminals locked up. This has been one of the biggest miscarriages of justice I have ever heard of.
Here are some things to ponder:
1. Fiber evidence found at the scene do not match to the WM3 (Damien, Jessie, and Jason). They simply could be from items of clothing found in their homes, just as easily as they could match a shirt sitting in your local mall unsold on a shelf. It is not by any means even close to an exact science. However, none of the WM3's fingerprints, hair, or DNA were found at the site where the boys were found or on the boys. However, two hairs were recovered and match Terry Hobbs, one of the boys' stepfather, and his friend whom he was accompanied by before and after the recovery of the boys' bodies. A fingerprint was found in the mud and could not be matched to any of the three little boys or the three in prison.
2. The alleged confession was inconsistent with facts and a classic case of a coerced confession with leading and suggestive questions and only the favorable parts for prosecution on tape, while the police were obviously fishing for the "right" answer. Jessie, who confessed, mentioned a knife being used. He mentioned castration. Now that this hasbeen investigated by professionals, including specialists who worked in the Phil Spector case, O.J. case, Ted Bundy case, Scott Peterson case, and a 25 year veteran of the FBI, we now know the penis was not cut off of young Byers. Most of the "slashes" that were described as made by a knife by Jessie and prosecutors were animal predation AFTER death. None of the details the police led Jessie to admitting to turned out to be accurate with the actual events. It was impossible.
3. Missing evidence? Detective Bryn Ridge admitted on the stand that he lost "a" piece of evidence. A Bojangles manager calls police shortly before 9pm on May 5th when he learns by a customer there is a thin, bleeding black man in the women's bathroom. He uses a whole roll of toilet paper to try and soak up the blood, and he left blood on the walls, the toilet, the floor... He also left his sunglasses. He was muddy, incoherent, apparently disturbed, and bleeding profusely. This Bojangles could have been reached by going through the dump site of the three murdered boys in minutes. We have a bleeding man near the alleged crime scene but when police were called, only a drive thru visit seemed appropriate, even though these boys were reported missing within a couple hours ago from that area. The next day, Detective Bryn Ridge and another officer (I believe Mike Allen?) came to collect blood scrapings. Conveniently, those blood scrapings were lost, as well as this man's sunglasses. They were never logged in as any kind of evidence for anything, deemed insignificant by corrupt cops.
Kind of odd that a negro hair was found on a sheet wrapping up one of the victms, eh?
4. More missing evidence? In photographs of the boys at the location they were found, one can easily be seen with a death grip holding onto some kind of cloth. Where did that cloth go? Well, no one knows. It was never logged into evidence, never seen again. It could have been one of the most valuable pieces of evidence. Yet again, it was not important enough to keep. Also it seems Gary Gitchell, who was in charge of the investigation, ignored the 7 to 8 page criminal profile of the suspect he requested and received from the FBI. It was never brought to trial and nowhere to be found. I guess that wasn't important, especially after actual experts say nothing about this crime could be labeled ritualistic or a Satanic cult killing. Hmmmmm...?!
5. We also have a woman claiming she was bribed and pressured by the police to come up with a story to help them. She voluntarily played detective and produced no results, but she said she did. She even testified. Now, she denies anything she said was true. Her son even says they messed with his words. Damien claims they screwed with his words. Coincidence? I think not. They did not let evidence lead them. How could they when there was none pointing to their perps? They came up with a story and found evidence to cooberate it and, in most cases, created their own evidence.
6. We have jurors in Damien and Jason's trial admitting they knew of the Misskelley confession when it was not allowed in their trial, but they lied about it and were accepted onto the panel... We have a biased jury and perjurers and prosecutors making a big case about knives and Satanism when we now know there was no knife wounds, no rape, no castration, and no cult killing. If there was a trial today, no reasonable jury would convict any of these three.
Watch, listen, learn, and then educate yourself even more... Justice for Stevie, Chris, Michael, Jason, Jessie, and Damien! Join the majority of the victims' parents in finding the real killers and setting these innocent men, also victims, free.
To learn more, contact me.
There's a lot we can do to stop this from happening again anywhere!