I doubt they are still looking for evidence
1) Well they did say there would be an investigation into the investigation of the first 10 days, not?
2) They can say anything for appeasements sake.
3) Really too bad the boys and others had to do so much lying and they really only shot themselves in the foot.
1) I do not remember any promise of an investigation of the first 10 days. In any case I doubt any real fault would be found. The ALE performed fairly well, all things considered.
2) I doubt they care about appeasement at this point
3) It is unrealistic to expect the accused to confess and solve the case. There must be evidence.