JennyM wrote:I used to have one that I made, but I cannot find it. And I am craving it.
It was a one crust pastry, it called for tomatoes (set out in a drainer or paper towels for some time to drain the moisture) and it had a mayo topping, perhaps with parmesan cheese in it.
Does anyone have that?
SavannahStar wrote:Thanks for the report, KLeigh. I am just dying to make a tomato pie and the recipes on here sound wonderful. I had never heard of a tomato pie until this thread!
KLeigh wrote:SavannahStar wrote:Thanks for the report, KLeigh. I am just dying to make a tomato pie and the recipes on here sound wonderful. I had never heard of a tomato pie until this thread!
Savannah, I forgot to add that I blind baked the crust for about 15 min. I was afraid with all the liquid in the tomatoes that it would be soggy if I didn't. Happy baking!
Scarlet wrote:I don't really have a 'recipe' perse. But here's how I do make mine... I will call my aunt that does, however, and get it from her and share soon!
1) Brown crust (I use Pillsbury.. they make delicious crusts!)
2) Slice several large ripe tomatos and drain the juice and pat dry.
3) Mix approx 1/2 mayo with approx 2 T grated parmesan cheese
4) Grate 1 cup mozzarella cheese
5) Layer these ingredients in the browned crust, be generous with the mozzarella (ie: grate more if necessary). Salt and pepper between layers.
6) Make sure the top layer is the monzzarella cheese. You should have only 2 or three layers of tomatos.
7) Place the oven preheated to 375 F and cook til top layer is lightly browned.
I'll call my aunt and get the 'real recipe' from her as soon as possible... (since this is from memory)
Dern, now I am craving this pie!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests